California State Resources
- California Constitution
- California Code
- California Regulations
- California Regulatory Notice Register
- California Case Law
- California Governor
- California Legislature
- California Courts
- California Attorney General
- California State Agencies & State Organizations
- Central District of California
- Bankruptcy Court [ Main Office - Los Angeles | Riverside | Santa Ana | Santa Barbara | Woodland Hills ]
- District Court [ Main Office - Los Angeles | Riverside | Santa Ana ]
- Pretrial Services [ Main Office - Los Angeles | Riverside | Santa Ana ]
- Probation Office [ Main Office - Los Angeles | Inglewood | Lancaster | Long Beach | San Bernardino | Santa Ana | Santa Barbara | Santa Fe Springs | Studio City | Ventura | West Covina | Woodland Hills ]
- Eastern District of California
- Bankruptcy Court [ Main Office - Sacramento | Fresno | Modesto ]
- District Court [ Main Office - Sacramento | Bakersfield | Fresno | Redding ]
- Pretrial Services [ Main Office - Sacramento | Fresno ]
- Probation Office [ Main Office - Fresno | Bakersfield | Elk Grove | Modesto | Redding | Roseville | Sacramento | Visalia ]
- Northern District of California
- Bankruptcy Court [ Main Office - San Francisco | Oakland | San Jose | Santa Rosa ]
- District Court [ Main Office - San Francisco | Oakland | San Jose ]
- Pretrial Services [ Main Office - San Francisco | Oakland | San Jose ]
- Probation Office [ Main Office - San Francisco | Oakland | San Jose | Santa Rosa ]
- Southern District of California
Other Legal Resources
SCOCAL - SCOCAL is a joint project between the Robert Crown Law Library at Stanford Law School, and Justia. The site provides free access to full text California Supreme Court opinions from 1934 to the present, along with detailed annotations of selected cases written and edited by students in Stanford's Advanced Legal Research class. For selected cases related California Supreme Court briefs, other documents and news items are also available, all free of charge. Users may subscribe to separate RSS feeds of new opinions, annotations, Court news and follow the site on Twitter.
California Appellate Courts: Case Information
Free gateway access to case information on civil and criminal matters in California appellate courts.
California Assembly Bill Information
Covers current session back to 1993. Full text of bills, resolutions, and constitutional amendments, and their status, history, votes, analyses, and veto messages are available.
California Attorney Search
The California State Bar offers this database for finding attorneys. Information appearing in the database includes the attorney's status - active, inactive, not eligible, resigned, deceased or disbarred.
California Ballot Propositions
Historic and current information regarding California's ballot propositions and initiatives.
California Law Revision Commission
The Commission studies the law in order to discover defects and anachronisms and recommends legislation to make needed reforms.
California State Administrative Manual
A reference source for statewide policies, procedures, regulations and information developed and issued by authoring agencies.
The California Supreme Court Monitor
Law.com's CalLaw site (fee-based) adds The California Supreme Court Monitor. It offers: case summaries of reviews granted by subject or by date; court decisions by subject or by date; and a de-publication list.
The press release states: "Law.com visitors can also track all new developments in the review process."
Researchers should note: "It is a violation of the terms of your service agreement with Cal Law to copy and redistribute this page [the court's opinion] either by print of electronic means without the express written permission of Cal Law."
California Voter Information Guides (2000 - Present)
Provides overview of ballot and propositions for these election years.
LLRX.com Court Forms, Rules and Dockets
LLRX.com offers search access to source information for federal and state court rules, forms and dockets.
State Public Records
California Death Records
Ancestry.com offers free access to California death records for the years, 1940-1997. The fee-based document delivery service is provided by VitalChek.
California Medical Board - Physician Lookup
The Medical Board of California makes available a database for finding information about a physician's license, including public disciplinary data, felony convictions, citations for minor violations of law, hospital disciplinary actions that result in termination or revocation of privileges, malpractice judgments and select malpractice settlements.
California Department of Real Estate Public License Information
Search by name or license number to find the status of a person's or company's real estate license, including any public disciplinary action. Please note: A separate list of desist and refrain orders for unlicensed activities appears at http://secure.dre.ca.gov/publicasp/unlicenseddnr.asp. These actions do not appear to be recorded in the licensing database.